Music from Mazz Demise 6 interface

Talk about anything here.
Tireces

Music from Mazz Demise 6 interface

Post by Tireces »

DA can you write something more bout music thats in your new interface - it kicks ass and most of track sound very very familliar but somehow I can only recognize track from Donnie Darko heh. Who made the rest ? :D
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Site Admin

Re: Music from Mazz Demise 6 interface

Post by Death's Avatar »

Tireces wrote:DA can you write something more bout music thats in your new interface - it kicks ass and most of track sound very very familliar but somehow I can only recognize track from Donnie Darko heh. Who made the rest ? :D
Wellll "new" is all relative, this was released along size Mazz 6 :P

Anyway, I think the music credits are included in the manual that comes along with Mazz 6. I honestly forget who did what, but I know the whole package includes songs from Oroboros, Grasshopper, and a remix by Wismuth. Ill poke Oro so he can tell you which ones are his...

-DA
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

I'll consider myself poked.

The Donnie Darko track "Manipulated Living", composed by Michael Andrews, was slugged by CP to be the intro/end game music for the plug since Mazz 3, but only incorporated into Mazz at IV. Also with Mazz IV came new chapter music for anyone stupi-Uh, daring enough to try Mazz solo. As yet it remains untitled, but this is original incidental score by Grasshopper, and is unofficially titled "Mazzarin's Demise"... Go figure.

When I heard Mazz VI was in the works I submitted some trax for consideration. I didn't know GH was ALSO producing trax, nor that Wismuth was remixing "Manipulated Living".

GH's work and mine is pretty easy to distinguish. I wanted to stay close to GH's original idea and build out related themes. GH wrote entirely free form, new trax that could serve as more chapter music. My trax are short; his are long.

My trax were added at a later stage, and I was unable to be credited in the solo game text roll.

The whole list of Mazz associated music goes like this.

Grasshopper:
Mazzarin's Demise (Solo chapter music)

First Wave (Interface - Slow strings, 2 intervals, turns into a funky percussion assisted, bluesy strings deal with sampled clarinet)

March (Interface - Very slow Bass/cello, occasional tubular bells)

Toybox (Interface - Starts with music box like riff, staccato strings, timpani)

Oroboros:
Mazzarin's Demise VI (Overture) (Interface - GH's original theme pepped up, abbreviated, and incorporating two associated themes which spin out to two other trax)

The Watcher Comes (Interface - A short, bang clang march of Mauls, called to war by large war horns [me blowing into a vacuum cleaner tube])

Hope Fades (HTML Help file - A melancholy piece aimed at depicting the mood of Mazz's really small army the night before the punch-up - small, paranoid. Strings and flute, bird and animal noises. [Special note: I found the original loon sound effect known by all Marathon stalwarts - I had to stick that in :)

Wismuth:
Manipulated Living - Remix (In-game music)

That should about cover it.

-Oro
Last edited by Oroboros on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Any chances to get your art in mp3 format Oro ? In MazzVI manual I have found only "Hope Fades".
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

I have everything except GH's original chapter music in MP3... And AIF, AAC, MIC, KEY, M-O-U-S-E... String some random letters together, that's the format I've got the music in.

I have my own Mazz VI Album =>:-]

You can download my suite of trax from Garageband.com

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSiaFWza2k

This page is the Overture page and there's a link to get the song near the top left. To get "The Watcher Comes", click the white text link on the right, next to the yellow "not entered" label.

You reminded me to flick a note to GH to throw that chapter track at me one day... If it's been lost, I might have to prevail upon CP to extract the low-res version from the actual game. Also I should confirm that it was actually Mazz IV the music first featured... It might have been III... So long ago now...

Appreciate the interest, Tireces :)

-Oro
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Wow thx Oro, You made my day :D
There should a special dedicated site with links to such Myth related art. When ( or "if", hehe) we run with soulblighter.net we will make a nice myth music corner :P

Ah and what about other tracks DA for minterface DA ? F.e. one with howling wind ?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Tireces wrote:Wow thx Oro, You made my day :D
There should a special dedicated site with links to such Myth related art. When ( or "if", hehe) we run with soulblighter.net we will make a nice myth music corner :P

Ah and what about other tracks DA for minterface DA ? F.e. one with howling wind ?
1) http://gallery.totalcodex.org/

2) I think that's one of Grasshoppers tunes.

For the record, the vast vast majority of the actual artwork was by ChrisP. I just used the stamp tool a ton.

-DA
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Death's Avatar wrote:For the record, the vast vast majority of the actual artwork was by ChrisP. I just used the stamp tool a ton.
...Which artwork was this, DA? For the interface?

CP used a free-for-distribution wallpaper by Mayam (Chasmic Exit, http://home.no/mayam/ ). CP placed the inverted pentacle on it.

The interface and solo chapter text artwork is largely drawn from Brian Froud's artwork for "The Dark Crystal" (who also also the concept artist for "Labyrinth" with David Bowie and Jennifer Conelly). Check out the UrRu sand spiral...

http://members.tripod.com/m_roxburgh/froud/images.html

-Oro
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

How bout making zipped file with all Mazz tracks guys ? :D
Maybe exluding Manipulated Living if its protected by copyright law or something.... what say ya ?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Oh well! I thought he did the scratchy blue that was the pregame. The entire interface is derived from that. So uh...yes...wherever that came from...
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Tireces wrote:How bout making zipped file with all Mazz tracks guys ? :D
Maybe exluding Manipulated Living if its protected by copyright law or something.... what say ya ?
Available now are GH's and my trax EXCLUSIVELY on µDog HL (let's see how long that distinction lasts).

They come as separate MP3s at 128-320kbps stereo, pretty well indexed and tagged, with album art.

Also included is a special proto mix I did of the Overture. It was intended to replace GH's solo chapter music... Then I found out it was for the interface so I chopped out the mysterious intro section.

I've extracted "Mazzarin's Theme", the solo chapter music, from the plugin. It's lo-fi (Myth sounds are stored as 22050 Hz stereo uncompressed), but still very listenable. It might be a little buggy, however.

Wismuth's remix of "Manipulated Living" is not included. I know there's a ton o' stuff on uDog HL that shouldn't technically be there already... but none of it's from me, and that's how I like it :)

Uploads/__MUSIC uploads/Soundtracks/

Enjoy!

-Oro
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Yay THX - yuove just made me a happy Myther :D