Units with ADD

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Khadrelt

Units with ADD

Post by Khadrelt »

Is there any way to get your units to stay watching a certain direction? I line up half my archers watching one way and the other half the other way, but invariably when one line starts shooting at something the other line turns around to watch, allowing enemies to sneak up behind them unless constantly turned back around. Can they be made to pay attention to their own duty and not let their attention wander?
The cake is a lie.
Point

did you

Post by Point »

did you try selecting them and hitting the g key ?

or maybe they need a scout out front of them.... to allert them to stop spectateting
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Yes, I tried G. They don't walk, but they still turn around.

A scout might work - I'll have to try that.
The cake is a lie.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Have you tried using Mazz's Ritalin Crystal?
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

No, haven't found that yet. Do you have to beat Mazz 6 in Legendary solo to get that?
The cake is a lie.
GodzFire

Re: Units with ADD

Post by GodzFire »

Khadrelt wrote:Is there any way to get your units to stay watching a certain direction? I line up half my archers watching one way and the other half the other way, but invariably when one line starts shooting at something the other line turns around to watch, allowing enemies to sneak up behind them unless constantly turned back around. Can they be made to pay attention to their own duty and not let their attention wander?
lol ahh I remember that all the time with my archers, no matter how much I tried to make them stare one way, when something caught one of the group's eyes, EVERYONE had to see what's going on.
gugusm

Re: Units with ADD

Post by gugusm »

GodzFire wrote:
Khadrelt wrote:Is there any way to get your units to stay watching a certain direction? I line up half my archers watching one way and the other half the other way, but invariably when one line starts shooting at something the other line turns around to watch, allowing enemies to sneak up behind them unless constantly turned back around. Can they be made to pay attention to their own duty and not let their attention wander?
lol ahh I remember that all the time with my archers, no matter how much I tried to make them stare one way, when something caught one of the group's eyes, EVERYONE had to see what's going on.
Well, it's saving your ass from time to time :P