Get the full version!
- Kill your enemies on 25 levels of solo carnage.
- Kill your friends on 20 netmaps and multiple game types.
- Witness an epic story unfold through cut-scenes, immersive voice-acting, and an evocative musical score.
- Command legions of balanced units to deal destruction in original ways.
- Create brand new environments and worlds with the level editors, Fear and Loathing
- Play hundreds of 3rd party plugins and mods that take the game to completely new heights.
What is Myth?
In a time long past, the armies of the dark came again into the lands of men...
Myth is a real time tactical game based on squad and unit management rather than resource gathering and expansion. Thanks to a realistic physics engine and meticulous unit balance, gameplay is highly varied and flexible. Your success or failure will be dictated by clear planning, an understanding of the terrain and an ability to mobilise your troops effectively; brute force alone will likely get you killed.
Set against the backdrop of an ancient cyclical struggle, Myth II tracks the progress of the forces of light in an epic crusade for survival. The wild lands and immersive history of Myth—influenced heavily by mythology and literature—provide an exquisite setting for the desperate battle to defeat Soulblighter's dark minions, and secure the fate of the world.
You can also play Myth online, both cooperatively and competitively. The faithful fan community that has sprung up around the game as a result, has produced an incredible array of 3rd party maps and add-ons that have further extended the life of the series. You can get involved too with the bundled mapmaking tools and community-run servers currently in operation.
How can I play Myth?
To get started with your first experience of Myth, download the free Myth II 1.8 Demo and fire up a new single player game.
Once you've had a taste of the carnage on offer, you'll want to try your hand online. You're actually already set up to play on MariusNet as a Guest, without having to register. So just open the Multiplayer Game menu, choose your name, team and colors, then click on the Guest button without entering a password.
If you'd like to be able to have a custom name, or keep track of your games you'll need to register for an account. You can do that on the Mariusnet Website.
Multiplayer Server Note June 2013: MariusNet has been experiencing technical problems. The server is still up, but the majority of games are currently being held on GateOfStorms.net. Check out this page for instructions on how to log in to Gate Of Storms with Myth.
Download the demo now:
|Mac OS X Demo||→||82 MB|
|Windows Demo||→||70 MB|
|Linux (x86) Demo||→||70 MB|
Originally released by Bungie in 1997, Myth defined a completely new genre. However, with today's standards in hardware, the game has grown somewhat dated. With development now the responsibility of the community, Project Magma have brought Myth up to date. It's now playable on all current hardware and boasts some exciting new features that have hardly affected the system requirements.
Download the Myth II 1.8.0 update:
|Mac OS X Installer||→||18 MB|
|Windows Installer||→||15 MB|
|Linux (x86) Installer||→||12 MB|
Noteworthy ChangesHere's a taste of the new features you can expect in Myth II 1.8:
- New game type: "King of the Map". This mode uses territories flags and weighted king of the hill scoring based on number of flags held.
- New "Rehost" and "Restart" buttons in the multiplayer quit/pause dialog for the host, so that it's no longer necessary to drop or suicide to restart the game.
- New hosting option to display narrations and cutscenes during cooperative multiplayer.
- Extended zoom: up to 5x in replays and when observing (requires DX11/OpenGL).
- New "Motion Interpolation" option to make the game even smoother.
- Improved New Game and Multiplayer New Game dialogs, with enhanced and streamlined plugin management.
- Numerous performance optimizations to improve game launch speed, save game load time, and CPU use while playing.