Your scariest myth moment...

Talk about anything here.
Lugas

Your scariest myth moment...

Post by Lugas »

So...what was your scariest myth moment? :twisted:
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

[bungie.net/playmyth.net/marius.net] does not seem to be responding at the moment. Please try again later.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

When the 40GB partition on my external HD containing my 10 year collection of Myth TFL, SB and TWA maps, plugins, pictures, movies, articles, web pages, web sites, music, videos, etc refused to mount, and HD repair utility was unable to fix the problem making all that mythy goodness gone, gone, gone.

btw, That was 3 days ago, I am still in shock.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Did you make a duplicate and back it up?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Don't dispair, even with a corrupted filing system there is a good chance it is still possible to recover the files with recovery software.

Also, try a different lead between the HD and the computer. Sometimes a damaged cable can make a drive appear corrupted.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

my scariest myth moment was when i thought i was playing myth then i woke up from a dream and mnet was down :(

-Saint †
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

vinylrake wrote:When the 40GB partition on my external HD containing my 10 year collection of Myth TFL, SB and TWA maps, plugins, pictures, movies, articles, web pages, web sites, music, videos, etc refused to mount, and HD repair utility was unable to fix the problem making all that mythy goodness gone, gone, gone.

btw, That was 3 days ago, I am still in shock.
Tried disk warrior?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:Tried disk warrior?
I have +most+ of the HD backed up but not in a nice organizEd way, the HD was my attempt to finally get the box of CDs organized once I was done I was going to burn stuff to DVD. poof. lost the organization and the past couple of months of dls.

Haven't tried disk warrior - I've heard bad things about it making things worse if it's "repairs" don;t workl. There's another disk recovery pgm called "Data Rescue II" which has good rep, and doesn't change anything on the HD partition. I just have to find out whether it will run on my ancient OS and whether this myth addiction is worth $99 for the software to TRY to get stuff b ack.

At this point I am thinking it would be simpler just to walk away and get a new habit/hobby.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Seeing clem once on bungie.net. (just kidding clem, <3)