Hell yes! I started with Myth TFL.
72%
Yes, Myth 2 got me hooked.
28%

Total votes: 18

Giamilton

Anyone on here play back in MWC days?

Post by Giamilton »

This is Giamilton formerly of The Companions (~C~), and The Spanish Inquisition (Spin). I'm still a big gamer and really have a lot of nostalgia for Myth and Myth2, two of the best games ever for PC and Mac. It's good to see people still play and love this game, I am going to reinstall this sucker tonight. I hope to see some old friends and make new ones.

Giamilton ~C~
Last edited by Giamilton on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Well, welcome back, Gia.

You know, MWC's still happen. Last summer was the 10th annual, http://myth.auxradio.org/tourney/index.php .

Currently we have another tournament going, the Winter Series. It's forum is too filled with crap to post a link to it.

Note that you'll have to update Myth 2 to 1.6, which you can find at http://tain.totalcodex.net/#mythii (The Tain.) Just search for "1.6".

There are zillions of maps and tagsets that have been made over the years. For one, get the TFL Multiplayer Mappak, http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... er-mappack . It has many maps from TFL (the fallen lords) that have been ported to M2.

Have fun!
Giamilton

Post by Giamilton »

Heh, I just found that out, it's good to see MWC still going. I guess I should have been more specific and said on bungie.net.
I still tell people about these games, the ability to save the matches and then basically watch them from any angle along with team chat was ahead of it's time.
I'm still in awe of what Bungie accomplished back in '98, it rivaled anything Blizzard was doing then. While Halo was developed by Bungie before being bought by MS, I still feel that their greatest accomplishment has always been the Myth Duo.
Currently I am playing Eve-online and for strategy I like Company of Heroes.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

good to see you back.

-Saint †
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
ducky

Post by ducky »

Wow dude. Welcome back.

Yeah, a lot of us left have been around since the heyday, but very few among us were as famous as you were back then O: Some Northern Paladins and Myrkridon you might remember.

And yeah, no kidding. Warcraft got me on to computer games, but Myth gave me something to appreciate. Welcome back dude.
Giamilton

Post by Giamilton »

I am all installed and patched up. I was watching a lot of my old recordings, I'm glad people remember ~C~, I was lucky to have such great ordermates, so I would't know about me being famous :oops: but it was certainly a blast being a part of a better order and going up against such greats as np, ie, wp and civil just to name a few.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Bungie.net days films? Could be interesting 8)
Giamilton

Post by Giamilton »

Eddaweaver wrote:Bungie.net days films? Could be interesting 8)
Somehow I managed to save them through a series of like 8 hard drives since then.
Maybe I should rar them up and post to a filesharing site?
Baak

Post by Baak »

Giamilton wrote:
Eddaweaver wrote:Bungie.net days films? Could be interesting 8)
Somehow I managed to save them through a series of like 8 hard drives since then.
Maybe I should rar them up and post to a filesharing site?
Welcome back! :)

I still have a CD's worth of Myth films floating around from all kinds of folks -- wouldn't it be funny if yours were in there? heh.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Why not upload those films here?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Love that video weaver, so classic it never gets old.

i was on the first winning team of MWC back in 98. and played in every mwc since.
Peach Out
Baak

Post by Baak »

iron wrote:Why not upload those films here?
When I dig out that CD (post-move), I'll start uploading them for posterity's sake. :)
Giamilton

Post by Giamilton »

I went ahead and made a rar with a few bungie.net films and uploaded it to the files here on tain, it's pending now atm.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Giamilton wrote:I went ahead and made a rar with a few bungie.net films and uploaded it to the files here on tain, it's pending now atm.
Re upload it as a zip and I will approve it!