Heck if I know

Talk about anything here.
Omicron

Heck if I know

Post by Omicron »

Editor's note: This was posted on Mariusnet. http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php ... #Post16950

I admit.

My name is impersonating an admin, Om. You see if you take the name
Omicron
And put a space here
Om icron
Its obviously about Om. And if you then put a space here
Om i cron
Its also saying something about me. And if you then throw away the r
Om i con
Its blatantly apparent that I am saying I am impersonating Om and I am a con artist.
And then if you extrapolate on the previous and put in
Omisstupid i con
You can see I am also insulting an admin.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
remedial

Post by remedial »

zzzzzz
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I saw this when you posted it on mnet, did you think it was clever that it had to live for posterity or was your point in posting it here just to stir up some drama?

Hey wait a minute....I heard a rumor that YOU ARE OM!

wth? Is that THAT why this is supposed to be funny? Because you are writing about yourself?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

huh whats the point?
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

With this I am trying to point out how bogus I think it was for Om to say Kirk was mimicking an admin with the name "um sadmin":
http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php ... mber/15448

Oh, I don't need to bother impersonating an admin, everyone already thinks I am one.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

lol. omicron learn to read mb before you get all crazy next time.

I read that link (and saw the original post) Krok CLAIMS that he was booted for impersonating an admin but both MNA_ON and PPE explain that that WASN'T even why he was booted.

doh.

But I still don't get your 'point', I mean why do you even care? Krok isn't banned, it seems like a non-issue - I just can't understand why you are dredging it up at this point.

But seriously, I've seen several people say that they think YOU are om - so is it true? (as if you would tell me if you were)
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I have it on good authority that Om is....

the background sound of the Universe.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

Vinylrake, maybe read my post and the one at the end of that link. :wink:
I said "how bogus I think it was for Om to say Kirk was mimicking an admin with the name 'um sadmin'" and one of the replies the link goes to says "I told you that if it was still mimicking an admin I would boot you." I didn't claim he was banned for that. Were you reading what I typed, or what you imagined would make for a good insult.

Neither do I make any claim that Kirk is innocent or guilty of what PPE said he banned him for. But that is not what I am bringing up, I am talking about Om and um sadmin event.

As for why I would protest on this issue, reread my post and my replies. Om said um sadmin was mimicking an admin. I say that is bogus in my opinion, and I believe Om penalized him by changing his name and threatening to boot him out of prejudice. Kirk's crime was Om didn't like him. If you quote PPE's news "I have asked my fellow admins to immediately .blam (a.k.a. BAN - not boot, warn, change the name of or suspend - BAN))" anyone impersonating an admin, then why didn't Om .blam Kirk, instead he changed his name. So even if you say he was enforcing the rules he wasn't enforcing the rules, what was he then enforcing. Kirk must have logged on knowing Om would probably dislike his name, but he wasn't breaking the rule of no impersonating an admin or pretending to be an admin. Imagine yourself a new myther, you just made your account and have logged on for the first time. You see someone with the name "um sadmin". Would you see um sadmin or would you think he must be an admin, becasue the letters a d m i n were in that order in his name. Unless he in some other way explicitly or insinuatingly said he was an admin, they would not.

I have explained my post, and the stance behind it enough. Unless I see a reply pointing out some fallacy with my logic I won't be making any more replies.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Omicron,

The fallacies/errors in your 'logic' is that you have decided - completely lacking any evidence to support your opinion - that:

1) a mariusnet admin penalized Kirk out of 'prejudice' because the admin DIDN'T give Kirk the ultimate punishment of BANNING but instead gave him a FAR lesser punishment for breaking the rules. you say that lesser 'sentence' somehow proves that the admin doesn't like Kirk - that is ridiculous. giving someone an easier 'sentence' or going easy on someone is something someone does for people they like, NOT someone they are prejudiced against.

2) because a new myther wouldn't know that Kirk was imitating an admin somehow proves that Kirk WASN'T imitating an admin? likewise absurd. but tell me, what is the logical reason for why Kirk, a user who is known for using all capital letters in his name and for going by names like like 'BIG KROK V8 SS' or "KROKOLICIOUS' or varius permutations of KROK would suddenly logon with a user name like 'um sadmin' if his INTENT were not to imitate or parody the admin? I think it's pretty clear to anyone what his INTENT was.

If you disagree with whether people should be allowed to intentionally imitate admins, that's a completely seperate issue, but I think I have pointed out two rather large flaws in your "logic".

ps. you still haven't answered whether YOU are really admin om or not, and i always thought it kind of too obvious for 'omicron' to go by the admin name 'om', but based on your ridiculous arguments here that you are trying to defend as 'logical' I am beginning to think you really might be admin om and that this whole goofy defense of Kirk is just some kind of inside joke. I really can't come up with any other rational explanation.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

It's childish whimperings/vain arguments like Omicron's that have made me generally disinterested with the Myth community.

A few points:

1) Magma takes care of the Myth game. Marius takes care of the online stuff. The whole 'admin posing' chaos should stay in that neck of the woods.

2) Isn't this whole 'fake admin' mess like 2-3 months old? Is Omicron trying to resurrect a dead complaint?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

BAsically yes he is dredging up a dead issue. The whole admin-drama rebel-against-authority thing is months old. Apparently omicron was afk while that was going on and just now noticed that his name shares a couple of letters with an admin's name. Apparently he feels that this "discovery" is so clever, and important to share with the community that he needs to take his little sock puppet show on the road.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

If you visit every star in this galaxy, you still will not find anyone who gives a fuck.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em