Good to have the forum back

Post by Frumius »

:)
It's good to have the forum back.

What's happening with ProjectMagma.net?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Restoration...slowly...:)

Doobie is pretty busy at work, but I have reason to believe he has a copy of the site, and will be helping with its restoration as soon as he can.

-DA
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Phew.

For a few days there I thought the world had ended. I even started playing Halo Demo multiplayer... Which was very fun :)

-Oro
"Harden The Fuck Up." - Dalai Lama, 1990
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

So glad to have you guys back. I've been doing my relaxation breathing exercises everytime before clicking my magma forums bookmark. It didn't help.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Heh... I hope it will be back soon.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Heh, Magma can't pull the plug. They know we'd get them for it.
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

The Elfoid wrote:Heh, Magma can't pull the plug. They know we'd get them for it.
Pfft. That would involve people doing something about something. I love this community, but pro-action is not one of its strong points :)

-Oro
"Harden The Fuck Up." - Dalai Lama, 1990
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Well, there aren't enough of us for mob-rule. Or mob anything, really.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Have you lost the files for all these plugins?
http://tain.totalcodex.net/MissingPlugins.txt
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Eddaweaver wrote:Have you lost the files for all these plugins?
http://tain.totalcodex.net/MissingPlugins.txt

Yes. We think most of the old ones are on udogs. I'm more worried about new ones. If you've posted something recently to the tain, check to see if downloading it throws up an error. If it does please upload it to udogs/TainRepop or send me a PM with where I can get it.

TZ
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

So good to have THE TAIN BACK!

w00t!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

A-Red wrote:Well, there aren't enough of us for mob-rule. Or mob anything, really.
We're a global network! We can do anything. Now pick up that tommy gun and lets go.
pompey

Post by pompey »

Oroboros wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:Heh, Magma can't pull the plug. They know we'd get them for it.
Pfft. That would involve people doing something about something. I love this community, but pro-action is not one of its strong points :)

-Oro
Arg, Oro, your words enrage me. But it just seems like so much work to do anything about it...

So do we know what happened to Magma specifically?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

From what I've heard, the hdd in the server that our websites reside on died, possibly as a result of some new automated backup solution our host was trying. We were in a queue to have our websites restored, but we had very little faith that they would accomplish this task any time soon, or that they even had viable backups. So after waiting for them for a week or so we just started restoring from our own backups.

I'm uploading a magma backup right now, unfortunately it's really dated, just over 1 year old. However, I don't think that much has changed on the magma website over the course of a year aside from forum and news both of which are stored in the database.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Doobie wrote:From what I've heard, the hdd in the server that our websites reside on died, possibly as a result of some new automated backup solution our host was trying. We were in a queue to have our websites restored, but we had very little faith that they would accomplish this task any time soon, or that they even had viable backups. So after waiting for them for a week or so we just started restoring from our own backups.

I'm uploading a magma backup right now, unfortunately it's really dated, just over 1 year old. However, I don't think that much has changed on the magma website over the course of a year aside from forum and news both of which are stored in the database.
You guys live on the Magma site, I barely go to it. Now and then I trawl it all over though. I'm pretty sure nothing's changed at all actually...