myth 1.6 is already great

Talk about anything here.
carlinho

myth 1.6 is already great

Post by carlinho »

please, don't take this post offensive, or egocentric or alussive to anybody in particular
I'm not trying to bring attention to my person or what I'm doing by it

But in light of all the fighting going on lately, I just want to signal that we have in our hands an engine, that helped by all the amazing innovations the sucessive updates brought, is....just f&$*@ing great

we are so overwhelmed in names, accusations, jelousy, egos, and others, that we forget that we don't even need to think of new engines or new this or that....because we haven't even used half of what the actual possibilities bring us...

check this stupid video I did of 1 new unit I'm perfectioning.
1 month ago I had no clue something like this could happen, whoever played total war might understand...use a unit with different behaviours...only that in myth that unit is not a group, if you want you can separate them 1 by 1

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... ngites.mov

now go back to mapmaking and keep trying to deliver new maps using what we have in our hands, myth 1.6
and even better...magma is announcing maybe a myth even better 1.7
wow...better? we don't use even 20 % of what we already have and an even better version is coming.......!

stop blaming one another, myth doesn't need fighting each other and trying to drown each other, try helping not accusing, try convincing, not killing
try more, work more, fight less, use 1.6, it's a plug, it's a mod, it's myth II soulblighter, 1.6, nothing else, and nothing less

:wink:

pd and yes, I guess it sounds too pompous after all... after reading it again...what the hell...bring your quotes I don't care...I don't fight for meself, but for the best freaking community in the history of all games...yeah... you know what I mean

I'm talking to you all...
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Dio

Post by Dio »

I see no problem with someone who loves this community and wants to use their talents to make Myth a better/smoother/more enjoyable game. No matter how many updates are made for Myth..it will always be a great game and that can't be taken away. I personally cannot contribute to the community with what I do for a living, so I praise those who do (Map makers and magma).
I just want to see those new tasty textures!!!!! BRING IT!

My only problem is that the people working on Myth aren't playing the game! Yes I am talking to you magma/udogs! ::cries::
I am tired of being the only person on Myth with a userid below 100!
Finding someone under 1000 is even hard!
::cries some more:: Get yur buttz on Myff! Ahh the memories of playing the Unity plugs for 6 straight hours. If I want to see you guys, I have to start up TFL and look at films :(

Insert sarcasm/pointing fingers where you wish :P
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Renwood

Hey Carlinho great stuff!

Post by Renwood »

Cool stuff man!

Yea the unit inventory system has a lot of things that can be done with it.
im sure you allready know but you can name the inventory items something other then "carried projectile"

i noticed you had bloodied version of the Elephants as well nice touch!

Yea the goal of ooga and myself was allways to use the features that magma has given us allready since they are very cool and awesome to behold/use.

We are allways trying to push the limits of what the myth engine can do in our work.

The old collection refrence limit of 12 megs limted the size of a map as well as many other things and i found this out when i made a map that was 2560X2560 in size....at the time the myth 1.5.1 still had the 12 meg limit and the size of 2560X2560 was JUST OVER 12 megs at 12.5 This ment it would work from a local folder but it WOULD NOT WORK as a full plugin!

When 1.6 came out this 12 meg collection refrence limit was gone and POOF my large map worked all of a sudden as a plugin!

being a boundry obbsessed Creator i decided to find out what the new map size/ collection refrence limit is....Our Current map for myth pfhor the wind age, called Battle for Covenant is an insane 6656X7168 in size.

Im not sure if most people can tell, but that is so fucking huge you could fit all the myth 2 SB multiplayer maps put together within it.

Lets use the tools magma has given us and make awesome creations!

Good work Carlinho! now maybe get to work on the Leonidas unit outline we talked about OR the unit we discussed to test the new 1.7 feature ~8^) The one that used units tuning into projectiles and projectiles turning into units and back again!

You know the one i mean.

Hmm since we are all in the Southwest (Cali and Arizona) maybe you, Ooga and Myself should all meet up in Cali.

Seeya! And if you need any help testing or making maps/fear work or ambering just ask, ooga and i would be glad to help!

O yea and to Dio, do you like Dio? As in Ronnie James Dio?
and BTW i make myth stuff and i play all the time.

and since ooga's xbox 360 broke last week, maybe we will see more of him online.

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Point

more great action Carlino...

Post by Point »

all i can say is i hope the
oversized renders work online.. ;)

lets try them out soon...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Really nice units, Carlinho. I can't wait to play with them.

Dio, as for user id's... I have no idea what mine is on mariusnet. It don' matter none, neither -- I bin around Since The Beginning, and I still play.

I went to pmnet when bnet died (for some reason), and consequently prolly have a kinda large User ID on Mariusnet. But the women love it.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Frumius wrote:But the women love it.
But with your desire to play with carl's units this may be irrelevant!
Dio

Post by Dio »

Dio is short for Diomedes...::smacks noob for not knowing the Diolicious Dio:: Where the hell is Paco! DA, I never see you on :(
I forgot what my point was.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Dio wrote:Dio is short for Diomedes...::smacks noob for not knowing the Diolicious Dio:: Where the hell is Paco! DA, I never see you on :(
I forgot what my point was.
Paco is around on HL at nights, he'll play if he knows some one's on. As for me...2 weeks till winter break, then I'll be on a bunch :)