Movement at the station

Talk about anything here.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Frum is correct, this was 100% my own fault. Myrd has setup a PW on it now, so, problem solved. I don't believe there's any need to discuss it further.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Thanks Melkor :)

And before you worry your ass off any further Pyro, I haven't downloaded the beta so there's no risk of me distributing it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

dang it all to heck. first time i go more than a day without checking forums in ages and what happens? i miss my chance to try out a beta of OAK?

Curse the myth gods and their cruel sense of humor.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The Elfoid wrote:And before you worry your ass off any further Pyro, I haven't downloaded the beta so there's no risk of me distributing it.

Don't be a jerk. I was never worried about it, in fact I didn't care if it was private or not. They can't do much with it, other than make stuff for Myth. The ones that might have cared are the ones that are working on it.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Those are pretty harsh words, Pyro. You sounded pretty concerned about it to me as well.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

So I sounded concerned just for describing why betas are private or for sending a PM to Elf that the link he posted wasn't meant for the public? Would it have been better if I made a public post about it instead of a PM to him? But Graydon doesn't sound concern when he posts saying "You should know better." And Melekor doesn't sound concerned for the mix up? I never said Elf was guilty of anything. If you recall... you, Frum, told Gray to berate Melekor and not Elfoid. But at the time it wasn't known that Melekor had that link in his profile. So initially it was more of a ... if the public has access to one private beta, do they have the info for others? I never even asked Elf to remove the link in the PM I sent him.

Almost no one knew of the link, even Melekor forgot. I PM'ed Elf so he knows that it was meant to be private, because sooner or later others would notice that link since he made a recent post about it. Sure a link in Melekor's profile can still be found, but it is more hidden since it isn't drawing attention the way a post is. If I sound harsh, it is only because of the way he sounded first. Like I had anything to do with it. I didn't force Graydon, GodzFire, and Melekor to reply nor forced Myrd to password that page. All I did was say that I didn't think that he was supposed to post that link.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

now now, let's just agree that you are all n00bs and be done with it.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Archer

Post by Archer »

Don't suppose there's any chance of a status update? I've done some digging around to see if there was something of the kind available, but from the public information I've seen I can't tell whether a public release of 1.7 is days away or years away.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

1.7 seems to be more like months away.
Baak

Post by Baak »

I respectfully suggest it wait until post-MWC to avoid the "mixing a Myth update with a MWC tourney" hell we have experienced in the past. :)

Perhaps shoot for a Fall 2009 release date? Pre-TWS 2010?
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

iPhone/iPod Touch port by xmas....
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Baak wrote:I respectfully suggest it wait until post-MWC to avoid the "mixing a Myth update with a MWC tourney" hell we have experienced in the past. :)

Perhaps shoot for a Fall 2009 release date? Pre-TWS 2010?
Uh no, delaying it any longer is stupid.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

you are stupid godzfire
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

1.7 is pretty much ready from what ive seen testin it, but they keep making it better and adding more fine tuned overall mythyness as time goes on.... so it pretty easy to wait a lil longer for it.

Would be nice if it would get released soon, because i see old bugs when i play 1.6 in multiplayer and it would be great to be done with them.
Peach Out
Baak

Post by Baak »

Well, it could always be done as a 1.7.0 sooner(tm) and then 1.7.1 afterwards, if that makes any sense to the developer group.

I could see if most everything is solid to actually have it used for MWC -- as long as people get to start on it earlier than match time (like a month or so in advance) to shake out any nasties.

Could just be done as 1.7 beta and then 1.7 final as well.