Amazing: Bungie re-acquires Myth

Talk about anything here.
Frumius

Amazing: Bungie re-acquires Myth

Post by Frumius »

Wow, just saw this on the web:

Seattle, WA
Bungie, the computer and console game maker formerly owned by Microsoft (MFST), has re-acquired the rights to one of its classic series of games, the Myth trilogy, which comprises Myth: The Fallen Lords, Myth II: Soulblighter, and Myth 3: The Wolf Age.

"We're thrilled to bring our beloved Myth series back into the fold," Jason Jones of Bungie said via conference call from his iPhone. "We have amazing plans for the franchise."

Jones said they plan to overhaul, or "remaster," all three titles and re-release them as Myth Unleashed versions of each for the Xbox 360 as well as for Windows, Mac, and iPhone. "We're especially excited about the iPhone port," noted Jones. Current plans are for a simultaneous release of all three titles on each platform. "This is not going to be merely a beautification project -- though we will be using the latest in computer graphics, we are adding many additional levels to all three games." Jones said they will remain true to the original story throughout.

But Bungie, one of the industry's most innovative game houses, isn't stopping there. "We have thrown tremendous resources at a fourth Myth title, tentatively called Myth IV: The Wind Age." Bungie hopes to have Myth IV ready by next summer, 2010.

Jones expressed excitement at having what he called his all-time favorite games back under Bungie's roof. "I just love the Myth series," he says wistfully. "Many of us still play it online at Mariusnet, a free game server that still hosts Myth and Marathon games, and some of us are even admins at Mariusnet."

I still can't believe it. Friggin' awesome!
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

heh
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

You don't joke about stuff like this
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Jason Jones is Om
Renwood and ooga were not lying!

Too bad Myth IV is out already!
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... ns-revenge
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

:(
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Witch! Burn him!
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Bad Frum. Bad. Bad. Bad.

How on earth did you ever get a reputation as a nice guy? This post of yours - creating that split second of bliss followed by the depression of reality - is pure unadulterated evil.

Similar to the Jazz (bball team) fooling a fan into thinking he won $100,000.

You are both (collectively) going to hell.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

please note that myth iv is half an aprils fool. there are 6 modified bungie maps to play :o
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

frum does not deserve to be burned at the stake, he deserves to be drawn and quartered THEN burned at the stake.

-Saint †
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I... er, well, I want to make a confession here.

It was all a twisted

April Fools!

Joke.

Can I still be a nice guy? That's what I'm worried about.

Also, sorry for using "The Wind Age," for as I realized this morning, isn't that the name of Ren and Ooga's project? I didn't mean to disparage that effort in the least. In fact, what I was thinking of was the Myst series when I came up with "Wind Age," for in one of those games you had to travel to this place/time/world or other that was called "The Wind Age," and my wife and I had just been talking about it. Sorry for that added tension!

I hope everyone has a great day and that our Beloved Myth has a great future.
vinylrake wrote:Similar to the Jazz (bball team) fooling a fan into thinking he won $100,000.
Now that's evil. The guy was probably already calculating how many copies of Myth IV he could purchase by the time the truth came out. If only he'd known that Myth IV didn't even exist!
Baak

Post by Baak »

Yep, Frum, I still fondly remember Myst: The Wind Age.

I've been meaning to pull out the second Myst game and play it again one of these days...

I was on to your April Fool's joke (since I posted a silly one somewhere else), but have to give you credit for one hell of a professional job on yours! It was COMPLETELY believable! Only the Wind Age thing threw it off -- but only a little -- the rest was incredibly professional.

You're still going to Hell though -- maybe just for a few seconds like Pike in the ST:TOS pilot -- but you're still going. ;)
spa

Post by spa »

hey Baak, PPE suggested the other night that you might still have an archive copy of the Mill laying about - even if its just a jpeg of the landing page - I think it would be heartwarming to see it again - if not frame-able.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

spa wrote:hey Baak, PPE suggested the other night that you might still have an archive copy of the Mill laying about - even if its just a jpeg of the landing page - I think it would be heartwarming to see it again - if not frame-able.
you can see all different versions on the internet archive project site.

Here's one from one of it's later incarnations - 7 years ago - September 2002. (warning - most links will be broken, some might work)

http://web.archive.org/web/200210170615 ... .net/mill/
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Well, I'm glad everybody loved it or hated it, what more could I ask?

So thanks for the compliments, and, ah, vr -- I guess we must now engage in a retirement match (he told me at the OøH forums that now he will have to keel me).

Loser retires until the next map pick.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

oh by the way way, haravikk, Myth IV : Fallen's revenge was a joke too....