Deceiver

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Deqlyn

Deceiver

Post by Deqlyn »

What special would you like to see? Looking for something to possibly replace Disembowel which basically turns units inside out and kills them. Logical and Myth Story based suggestions are appreciated.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Well...you could have the Deciever's standard "hold" attack. But, it could cause units to explode...like Wights! :twisted:

I'm not sure how you would achieve it, though. :cry:
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

I think it would be cool if he could summon a pack of undead somehow, who just fight anything but the deciever.

Also some kind of green fire explosive or poison would be cooler than the disembowel. The mage in TSG has some cool green effects that I think were unused (but dont quote me on that).
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

"The mage in TSG has some cool green effects that I think were unused (but dont quote me on that)." -- Fury IX
Too late.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

too late as in someone used the effects or too late as in Fury beat you to the post? : )
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Deqlyn wrote:too late as in someone used the effects or too late as in Fury beat you to the post? : )
Niether. "too late" as in - Fury said "dont quote me on that" and I did.

i admit, it was a juvenile attempt at humor.
killerking

Re: Deceiver

Post by killerking »

Deqlyn wrote:What special would you like to see?
Look at myth III, he already had the same attack thousands of years ago :( . I'm not sure of all his specials back in that time, but in 1 mission he can convert dozens of Oghres and in another he can use disperal dreams. I have no idea why this is. Also, I advise to look at the pre-game story's yourself since I'm to lazy to do that :P .

Killerking.

p.s., it would be cool if the deceiver could use his lightning attack from a murder of crows. Also, do something with the 'deceiving'. (I know that it's because what he did thousands of years ago, but still, he shouldv'e teached alot more from the worlds greatest mage.)
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Im staying away from anything Myth III related. I will check the Dec Lightning out though.
remedial

Post by remedial »

I'd like to know what the full extent of the fallen lords' powers were intended to be. ie.) I wonder what the infamous duel between the Deceiver and the Watcher was like?

It seems that Shiver was the only one who's Fear tags displayed crazy magical powers.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Well download the B11 DDAT and patch it and you can find out : ) we test from about 7-10. I try to update it everyday too.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

He's called The Deciever for a reason. Maybe he could have an illusion type of ability (like creating a copy of himself that does nothing but draws attacks). Or a more powerful versoin of binding dream, like one that hits multiple targets or cost less power

Also, I'd guess that he beat the watcher in a way similar to what he did with shiver in myth 2 ie use his own guys against him.
for an mmo, click this link:
£N

Post by £N »

Deq, the summoner character is way too powerful. Other characters were having trouble leveling up with him stealing all the kills.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I would like to see the Deceiver have a special Seppuku 'attack' where he ritually disembowels himself and as his intestines spill out they turn into a swarm of swirling/flying magical glowing giant demonic worms that emit a paralyzing cloud and then they swarm and attack anyone paralyzed.

admit it. you want it too.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

nice vinyl nice. LN which version do you have? B14 makes it pretty easy to vet.
£N

Post by £N »

B13 I think. The problem wasn't that it was hard for anyone to level up. The problem was that whole waves (most of them) would be wiped out with the summoner character before they were in range to the rest of the team.