Random obscure stuff

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Random obscure stuff

Post by vinylrake »

ok. I was reading through some old Bungie webpages today and came across some Myth related info that I've never heard before. They could of course just be red herrings of the sort Bungie likes to employ to drive people crazy.

Can anyone confirm any of these?

1) Has anyone ever got a secret message to display by pressing shift-control-right click in the upper right corner of the Myth II screen? (If so, what does it say? Screenprint anyone?)

2) Allegedly in the Windows version of Fear if you create a monster named 'Lauren' you get to play a 'little puzzle game that's a version of Sherlock'. Anyone ever see this?

3) Supposedly in the TotalCodex autoplay app if you click the center 'O' you get a 'secret message'.

4) Anyone ever notice any underwater rocks that spell things on Myth II maps?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Oh man, that Fear hidden game is real. I just tried it with the PC Fear, the latest version out. Also, the new monster tag created does not appear in Fear, but it will be in the local folder. Both "Lauren" and "lauren" work.

Fear Hidden Game Screenshot One, Two, and Three.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Funky cool! 8)

I have seen the rocks on Drowned Kingdom, which I only noticed after the Magma patches which allow you to see things underwater. There may be more?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yeah I just looked through all the standard Myth2 maps (single player and multiplayer maps). But only the Drowned Kingdom/Drowned Empire maps had rocks underwater forming some sort of pattern or message.

And I tried the Shift-Ctrl-Right-Click thing, but it didn't do anything. I even tried it under 1.3 and still nothing. I don't have the Total Codex, so I can't try that one out.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Dang, Pyro - that's the only one? I was hoping for more. Looks like a fish hook to me.

I found patterns in the sand on Leagues from Nowhere when I made my Leagues from Somewhere mod long ago. One looks like a fish skeleton and the other a bird skeleton.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Baak wrote:I found patterns in the sand on Leagues from Nowhere when I made my Leagues from Somewhere mod long ago. One looks like a fish skeleton and the other a bird skeleton.
These were left by aliens.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yeah Baak, that is the only rock pattern underwater in the default Myth 2 maps. In other news I was playing that Fear game, took me a while to get used to it.
£N

Post by £N »

that fear game looks rad. too bad I only have the mac version.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

there are hidden writings on Axis vs Allies :)
lank

Post by lank »

eat at joe's.
*toot*
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Lank is referring to a message on the actual map of Gonen's Bridge shown here if you scroll down a bit. Though VR only mentioned messaged made out of rocks that are underwater.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Well, there's this message on Beyond the Cloudspine (though not underwater)...

...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Oh no... Another PC Fear feature that people will now want in the Mac version...

EDIT: Wow, the puzzle game is over 3000 lines of code...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro, thanks for the screenshots! I am boggled that in 10 years of playing this game, I've never even HEARD of this PC-Fear Easter Egg. Thanks for confirming.

As for which maps or how many have messages or things written with rocks underwater? I don't know... the text mentioned maps (plural) but there were no specifics.

ps. baak - re: the 3 key click thing - the text said this was really hard (impossible?) to do nowadays (which would have been a few years ago) but that in 98 it was apparently easier. fwiw, I THINK that easter egg is just a message that gives instructions on how to get to the Lauren/Sherlock game.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

vinylrake wrote:As for which maps or how many have messages or things written with rocks underwater? I don't know... the text mentioned maps (plural) but there were no specifics.
Well, I checked all maps using Loathing. Have the projectile placement tool and then checked it with he scenery placement tool, that way the water is removed and you can see if anything is down there.

Btw, that hidden game is interesting. Lots of instructions to read first, I got stuck in the first game and had to use hints a few times to get through it. Once I got the hang of it, I didn't need the hints. The shortest it has taken me to beat one of them is about 15 minutes.