The lost Bungie maps & 1.7

Talk about anything here.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Dio wrote:The only thing that 1.7 has to have is invisible wights on the overhead!
The community has gotten too good at watching water....wights need to be invisible on all maps..they are soo slow anyways.
If someone complains about this..they rely too much on the overhead.
lol all wights ? both in multi and all coops ?

I hope that copop will be left unchanged - some1 try to play on legendary 2nd levels of A-Reds latest plug. Tons of overhead invisible wights hehehe GL ....
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

Dio wrote:.wights need to be invisible on all maps..they are soo slow anyways.overhead.
I really hope you're joking.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Dio

Post by Dio »

Hell no I'm not joking..how often do ppl get wighted in this game anymore? Next to never..it would add some real focus on the water.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

well go in to loathing, edit the map and change wights to invisible on the overhead. Then you can play the map solo and watch the water to your heart's content.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Dio

Post by Dio »

I always jump at the oppertunity to play blind. Overhead sux.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Yeah, switch off your overhead map and you won't be able to see anybody. This could be nice :wink:
neo123

re

Post by neo123 »

Anthson wrote:In all honesty, these maps are supposed to be "unfinished," right? So finish them. Modernize them a bit. And lay of the hateorade. I'd be happy to not only playtest, but volunteer for some kind of advisory panel to suggest layouts for the maps.

uh if phoenix wasnt finished why was it played in the finals of a tourney?

lol dio invisible wights...
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I would totally supported an 'invisible wights' button in the multiplayer pregame screen. I'd certainly rate it as more important than the veterans on/off switch!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Might make it "invisible suicide" so it covers all kinds of wight-like units. I'd also like to see a check box that turns KoTH flags into balls and vice versa.

But ... back to the subject at hand. The maps clearly aren't broken right now. They're fine as is. Any tweaks could either make them better or worse depending on the people and time involved. Some of them are a bit unfinished, but not to the degree they're unplayable on netgames. Why a map like Phoenix wasn't included is beyond me. It's awesome.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Anthson wrote:I'd also like to see a check box that turns KoTH flags into balls and vice versa.
Baak's KOTH Flipper does that. It's in the downloads section at orderofhpak.com.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

I have it already. Most folks don't, though. Would be nice to just have a check box so anyone could do it without having to download a plugin.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Anthson wrote:I have it already. Most folks don't, though. Would be nice to just have a check box so anyone could do it without having to download a plugin.
People are stupid not to download fun stuff. With the 256 plugins in the plugin folder limitation long gone, why doesn't everyone have several hundred plugins in their plugins folder?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
lank

Post by lank »

With the 256 plugins in the plugin folder limitation long gone, why doesn't everyone have several hundred plugins in their plugins folder?
because...
People are stupid not to download fun stuff.
:D

i have 449 at this moment. of course half of them are probably different versions of RDF and such fun plugins, but what the hey. :)
*toot*
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

My disk space is rather limited so I only have stuff I will regularly play plugged in. I can download most stuff quickly if I need to.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Having hundreds of plugins makes it very hard to find what you're looking for when you're hosting. Let's face it: Myth's interface isn't entirely modern.