tfl levels with m2 units

Talk about anything here.
Nitro

tfl levels with m2 units

Post by Nitro »

Hey, just a short question..can i play the tfl levels with the m2 units? I dont remember if that was possible and i dont want to dl 200Mbs just to check!
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Not really, you can play it without vTFL of course, but you'll still have fir'Bolgs and dorfs that throw shorter.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

The levels, no... the netplay maps, kinda.

Try Looking for Ultimate Team Battles Extension Pack (UTBx). That's a collection of the TFL netplay maps seeded with a diverse array of TFL/M2 units.

-Oro
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

There is a plug that converts m1 to m2 units, primarily for tagset use. For some odd reason its called TFL v3... Send a PM to Oogabooga or Renwood...
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I tried experimenting with that, but I couldn't get it to omnipatch.

It would be nice to play TFL maps with different tagsets...
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

its not an omnipatch file, its pluginpatcher. And it doesnt work on all tagsets, like ww2 or tsg, but it does work on some, not sure why but it might be a work in progress...
The Elfoid

Re: tfl levels with m2 units

Post by The Elfoid »

Nitro wrote:Hey, just a short question..can i play the tfl levels with the m2 units? I dont remember if that was possible and i dont want to dl 200Mbs just to check!
A lot of people are saying a lot of things, it struck me as confusing. Here's how it is Nitro:

Because dorfs changed more than other units you have to use a TFL dorf. And you get fir'Bolg but I believe they're slightly snazzier to make them equal to Myth II souls in arty combat. Myrmidons were updated for some plugs (by IronDuke for a Magma plug I think? I can't remember) so you get an updated Myrm unit too. Forest Giants etc obviously didn't get a Myth II variant so are still original units.

TFL multiplayer map-pack is the same, only it doesn't use TFL dorfs.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I wish there was a way to lock M2 into vTFL mode. I never turn it off anyway!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I prefered the original Myrmidons...:(
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.