Screenshot Contest Winners!

Talk about anything here.
Lugas

Screenshot Contest Winners!

Post by Lugas »

The awards are: Funniest, most Artistic and most Interesting. Each award gets a winner and a runner-up.

1st Award: Funniest:

And the winner is: Baak, for this hilarious image:

The runner-up is: Grayswandir, for this image:

2nd Award: Most Artistic:

And the winner is: Zeph, for this preety image:

The runner-up is: gugusm, for this image:

3rd Award: Most Interesting:

And the winner is: Khadrelt, for this image:

The runner-up is: Wismuth, for this image:

Thanks to all who partipated. Congratulations to those who won!
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I'll put this on the Myth tournies list on Wikipedia sometime under 'other non gaming competitions' or whatever the category is.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

lol :P
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Added it to the list.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

Anyone noticed the big question mark (?) made out of blood and debris at the center of Khadrelt's image? Pretty fitting for a surprise explosion.
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

wtf my image was the best
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Elfoid, you've added this to which list?
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

Enculator wrote:wtf my image was the best
YOu may have turned yours in too late dude.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
capital

Re: Screenshot Contest Winners!

Post by capital »

Lugas wrote:The awards are: Funniest, most Artistic and most Interesting. Each award gets a winner and a runner-up.

Lugas,

It would appear that the first three winners are based upon plugins, even though you stated that plugins were disallowed?
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

capital wrote:
Lugas wrote:The awards are: Funniest, most Artistic and most Interesting. Each award gets a winner and a runner-up.

Lugas,

It would appear that the first three winners are based upon plugins, even though you stated that plugins were disallowed?
From the screenshot contest thread:
It must be of Myth TFL, vTFL, SB, Chimera or TWA
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
capital

Post by capital »

Grayswandir wrote:
capital wrote:

Lugas,

From the screenshot contest thread:
It must be of Myth TFL, vTFL, SB, Chimera or TWA
Lugas states it here,
Lugas wrote:vinylrake, it can be anything eyecatching or whatever. You could make it funny, interesting etc. That is up to the submittors.

Also, I didn't mean Plugins, sorry. Eddaweaver, maybe you could change you screenshot...?

Please people, post a screenshot!
Lugas wrote:
Eddaweaver wrote:
*Blink*, I posted a screenshot???
Sorry, that was mistyped. capital, please change your screenshot or it will not count. It still looks cool, though.
so again, I ask, the first three winners appear to be based upon plugins, even though you stated that plugins were disallowed?
Baak

Post by Baak »

For the record, the image I submitted doesn't use a "plugin" per se, but is on a 3rd party map: 'A Borderland Odyssey' - as I mentioned originally. The snapshot is taken from the actual game we played (i.e. is not retouched in any way). I also found the film (wow did I fumble in that game!).

If Lugas meant map plugins weren't allowed - as in any 3rd party, non-standard map - and not just "plugins" (like Weirdobodomons, RDF, etc.), then no problem. Although I would have submitted something different if I thought that was the case. :)

Since so many people did use 3rd party maps (again, if that was what you meant by "plugins"), then maybe you should have three categories and re-run the contest (you might get more submissions this way too):

* Category A: No plugins of any kind: maps or otherwise
* Category B: 3rd Party maps, but no other plugins
* Category C: Any 3rd Party map and/or plugin

Any plugins used (maps or otherwise) can't be made just for the contest, the snapshot must be from a real game (more than one team involved; not a "throwaway", dead, or fake game; and perhaps from before the contest was announced?), and of course no retouching of any kind. The snapshot also has to be viewable on the original film (unless the film is genuinely lost, in which case you, Lugas, can make a ruling).

Might be interesting. :)

BTW, for those that didn't know (I didn't until after I became a mapmaker/pluginmaker): that beachball is actually part of Bungie's original tags and can be used for the Bacon on any map. Funky but true. I put a variant of it on several of my maps as an Easter Egg and have made a version that behaves like a real beachball in my UGR plugin.

Oh, and Kaor won that game with the pursuing Thrall! I fumbled big time: between the relentless rain that prevented me taking them out I managed to push that ball into a corner (doh!) whereby I was trapped (too close to them to even fire!), and when I moved away I couldn't get back to the ball in time to contest! :D
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

I later stated that 3rd party maps were allowed. When I said "It must be of Myth TFL, vTFL, SB, Chimera or TWA", I think I meant, "Post something Myth-related". The term screenshot contest might have provoked something that was NOT in Myth.

Also, you'll find that all winners/runner-ups (except Baak) are in TFL, SB or vTFL.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

how is Creep on the borderland a 3rd party map????
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Can't say I was too impressed with winners. Woulda been cooler to allow anything.