Myth II: Soulblighter v1.8.0
Note: The latest version of Myth II is currently 1.8.1, and can be obtained here.
This page remains here for historical purposes only.
Myth II version 1.8 is the latest installment in Project Magma's series of updates to Myth II, bringing many performance improvements, numerous bug fixes and various new features to the game.
Below are some of the highlights of the 1.8 update:
- New game type: "King of the Map". This mode uses territories flags and weighted king of the hill scoring based on number of flags held.
- New "Rehost" and "Restart" buttons in the multiplayer quit/pause dialog for the host, so that it's no longer necessary to drop or suicide to restart the game.
- New hosting option to display narrations and cutscenes during cooperative multiplayer.
- Extended zoom: up to 5x in replays and when observing (requires DX11/OpenGL).
- New "Motion Interpolation" option to make the game even smoother.
- Improved New Game and Multiplayer New Game dialogs, with enhanced and streamlined plugin management.
- Numerous performance optimizations to improve game launch speed, save game load time, and CPU use while playing.
... And many, many more. A detailed list of changes is available here.
Check out our 1.8 promo video to see some of these highlights in action.
Also be sure to check out our new Detail Texture Megapack, which adds high resolution landscape textures to over 450 different maps! The list includes all of the Bungie maps, all of the big 3rd party total conversions like Chimera, TSG, Jinn, Green Berets, as well as hundreds of individual maps.
Detail Texture Megapack
Myth II v1.8.0 Credits
David Bregman, Windows, Graphics, UI and Core Programming
Alexei Svitkine, Mac and Core Programming
Andrew Lauritzen, DirectX 11, Improved Stats Tracking and Metaserver Features
David Reta, Updated Interfaces, Updated Mapmaking Documentation, Quality Control
Detail Texture Megapack:
Additional Help From:
Chris Arthur, Mapmaking Features
John Fernandes-Salling, Graphics Optimization Ideas
Special thanks to all the testers who helped finding bugs and testing features.